A tomato is a nutrient-dense superfood that offers benefit to a range of bodily systems. Its nutritional content supports healthful skin, weight loss, and heart health.
Collagen is an essential component of the skin, hair, nails, and connective tissue.
Tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, lutein, and beta-carotene.
Eating foods that are high in water content and fiber, such as tomatoes, may help hydration and support normal bowel movements.
Studies have shown that people with type 1 diabetes who consume high-fiber diets have lower blood glucose levels, while people with type 2 diabetes may have improved blood sugar, lipids, and insulin levels.
The fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and choline content in tomatoes all support heart health.
Maintaining a low sodium intake helps to maintain healthful blood pressure.
One cup of chopped or sliced raw tomatoes containsTrusted Source:
32 calories (kcal)
170.14 g of water
1.58 g of protein
2.2 g of fiber
5.8 g of carbohydrate
0 g cholesterol
Tomatoes also have a wealth of vitamin and mineral content, including:
18 mg of calcium
427 mg of potassium
43 mg of phosphorus
24.7 mg of vitamin C
1499 international units (IU) of vitamin A
Storage & Uses
You can hold under-ripe tomatoes from a retail outlet for as long as 5 days. For short-term storage, it is best to keep the tomatoes in a well-vented ripening dome or a paper bag at the coolest room temperature possible.
Mature green: 58 to 60°F Pink: 48 to 50°F Tomatoes are very sensitive to chilling. Recommended storage temperatures differ with the maturity of the fruit. Precise temperature control is critical to maintaining acceptable quality.
1. firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and roast 2 tbsp peanuts on low flame.
2. roast until peanuts turn crunchy, set aside.
3. in the hot oil add 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp chana dal, 1/2 tsp cumin, pinch hing and few curry leaves.
4. splutter the tempering without burning.
5. now add 1 onion, 1 inch ginger and saute well.
6. also add 2 tomato and saute for a minute.
7. cover and cook until tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
8. further, add 1/4 tsp turmeric, 3/4 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp salt.
9. saute until spices turn aromatic.
10. add in 2 1/2 cup cooked rice and mix gently.
11. cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes or until flavours are absorbed.
12. add 2 tbsp coconut and 2 tbsp coriander. mix well.
13. finally, enjoy tomato chitranna with raita.
For more Recipes: Click Here
A shipment description, or parcel information, is asked in those rare cases that a courier company is trying to locate your parcel because it became unreadable due to a fallen off label or an unreadable label. We will go through the process and tell you what parcel information you have to give. The shipment or order details, on the contrary, is a summary of all the information regarding a parcel that a shipper wants to send to a receiver. It contains information about the pick-up and delivery address and contact person. It is of great importance to us and the courier that we are fully aware of the content of the parcel (it’s weight, dimensions, specific content, …) because it helps us to asses which service would be the safest and cheapest for you. Having a thorough parcel content description will avoid problems during transport, for example when a courier has to pick up a parcel that is much heavier and bigger than mentioned.