Radishes are grown and consumed throughout the world, being mostly eaten raw as a crunchy salad vegetable with a pungent flavor.
Radish is known to control damage to our red blood cells, and in the process also increases oxygen supply to the blood. Controls Blood Pressure. Improves Immunity, It helps to fix acidity, obesity, gastric problems,&nausea among others. Good for the skin
Potassium 233 mg.
Total Fat 0.1 g.
Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g.
Dietary fiber 1.6 g.
Sugar 1.9 g.
Protein 0.7 g
Storage & Uses
STORE RADISH ROOTS IN WATER: As an alternative to hydro-cooling, wash and trim the roots, removing both the greens and the small taproot extending out the bottom. Drain excess water and stuff radishes in a large canning jar with layers of trimmed radishes. Fill the rest of the jar with water, put on the lid, and keep it in the fridge. The roots will stay crisp for five to eight days.
Placing Radishes in a Canning Jar.&Fill the jar with water and place it in the refrigerator for up to 8 days
32°F (0°C)Under these conditions common red radish may be expected to maintain acceptable quality for 7 to 14 days with tops and 21 to 28 days if topped. Daikon-type radish may last from 3 to 4 months at these same conditions.
2 tsp oil
1 tbsp chana dal
1tbsp urad dal
1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
1 tsp coriander seeds
3 dried red chillies
3 clove garlic
1 inch ginger
1 cup radish
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp water
Small piece tamarind
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard
Few curry leaves
Pinch hing / asafoetida
1. firstly, in a Tawa heat 2 tsp oil and add 1 tbsp chana dal, 1 tbsp urad dal, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds, and 3 dried red chilies.
2. saute on low to medium flame, until the dal turns golden brown.
3. now add 3 clove garlic, 1-inch ginger, 1 cup radish, and 1/4 tsp turmeric.
4. saute for a minute.
5. furthermore, add 2 tbsp water and mix well.
6. cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
7. cool completely and transfer to the blender.
8. also, add a small piece of tamarind and 1/2 tsp salt.
9. blend to a coarse paste without adding water.
10. now prepare the tempering, by heating 1 tbsp oil.
11. add 1/2 tsp mustard few curry leaves and pinch hing.
12. allow to splutter and pour tempering over mulangi chutney.
13. finally, mix radish chutney and enjoy with hot steamed rice, idli, or dosa.
For more Recipes: Click Here
A shipment description, or parcel information, is asked in those rare cases that a courier company is trying to locate your parcel because it became unreadable due to a fallen off label or an unreadable label. We will go through the process and tell you what parcel information you have to give. The shipment or order details, on the contrary, is a summary of all the information regarding a parcel that a shipper wants to send to a receiver. It contains information about the pick-up and delivery address and contact person. It is of great importance to us and the courier that we are fully aware of the content of the parcel (it’s weight, dimensions, specific content, …) because it helps us to asses which service would be the safest and cheapest for you. Having a thorough parcel content description will avoid problems during transport, for example when a courier has to pick up a parcel that is much heavier and bigger than mentioned.